Monday, February 6, 2012

Baked Califlower

I am going to be trying out some new recipes and writing about how I made them and how they tasted. I am sure that not everything I try will taste as good as it sounds, but hopefully, we will find some new things to enjoy along the way.



I read several bloggers talk about how baked cauliflower tasted like french fries. Now knowing that mashed cauliflower actually did taste like mashed potatoes, I thought I would give it a try. Granted, I went into the process with some doubts, but the cauliflower turned out amazing and it did have a slight similarity to french fries, especially when dipped into ketchup. This recipe was also extremely easy to make for a low fat/calories snack.

Now, one of my main goals in making the cauliflower was to find a healthy alternative to a deep fat fried snack for my son. And although the cauliflower was a great tasting snack, unless I can figure out a way to make it not look like cauliflower, my son will not even try it. I on the other hand really enjoyed it and will definitely be making this again!

Ingredients:

1 head cauliflower
2 TBLS olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

First, cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces. Wash and let dry.



Then toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet.



Bake @ 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes until the cauliflower is crisp and brown.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment