Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Overnite Protein Oatmeal

Let me just start out by saying that I love oatmeal. I love anything and everything oatmeal. I make a variety of protein oatmeal from the Insanity nutrition book and pack it for my snack 2-3 times per week. I cook the oatmeal the night before and then have to reheat it the next day. Well, when I read about overnite oatmeal, I thought I would give it a try with my own little twist of adding the protein. I try to make sure that I have some protein in every meal/snack that I eat.

The texture of the overnite oatmeal is a little different and took a little bit of getting used to, but I loved the flavor and the fact that is was super easy both the night before and when it was time to eat. This makes one serving and has about 350 calories, but over 20 grams of protein.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup of oatmeal (I used steel cut oats)
1 Tablespoon protein powder (I used Beachbody vanilla, but you could use any flavor)
1 cup almond milk ( could use coconut or skim milk)
1/2 cup bluberries
dash of cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together in a container with a lid. I love these small containers for packing my snacks.



Let the oatmeal hang out in the refrigerator overnight and you are ready to go. The next day when you are ready to eat, all you have to do is dig in. This was so good, I almost forgot to take a picture before it was all gone:)




No comments:

Post a Comment